How can you not love it! I’ve always been a huge fan of the subject madness and insanity, when it comes to games or any kind of entertainment like books or movies. Not only because of the weird things that can happen or take place, but also because of how they portrait the human mind. The latest call of duty even touched on the subject of brainwashing and how this showed up to the main character as visions and planted memories.
Silent Hill 2 is also game that intrigues me. “Everything” in that world was based on the main character James, memories, thoughts, feelings and even his own subconscious. It’s one of the games that I still return to forums from time to time to see what kinds of discussions are going on, or just read up on old ones. How the nuns is about his sexuality, pyramidhead being a creature he summons upon himself to punish him for what he done. IT IS AWESOME.
Alice: Madness Returns seems to have a lot of these hidden meanings as well, or at the very least I hope so. I hope they will let the community find small bits and pieces in the game that explains Alice and her state of mind without revealing it all in the story. It may be that, or it will just be a insane world where Alice uses her knife (and other weapons) to pass through obstacles. Either will be fine, in a way, I guess..
So why did I post all this? Becuase I’ve just seen the latest trailer ofcourse! Enjoy!
This is not a bad thing in this case. And with limits, I mean available server space. After HoN opened the gates and became open beta, the amount of players skyrocketed and its now hard to find servers during the day for thoese who wants to host it up themselves. S2, that have been very succesfull with their clone of the very popular “game” DotA are planning to add more servers this weekend, and are also mentioning that “…retail is right around the corner.”
It will be interesting to see how many players will stick with the game after the acctual release. Myself im sticking with it, a 30$ fee feels about right for a great game that hopefully will stick around.
@Start And Select
Believe it or not, the Yu Gi Oh card game is coming to xbox live! A game that is currently one of the biggest trading card games in the world, and it was just a matter of time til they moved a step beyond the PSP and NDS. What I dont like at this moment is the fact that you will have to buy packs with microsoft points to get more and new cards? Maybe there is a ingame function to get new cards as well, otherwise I see alot of players just sticking with what they start of with, if they will get it all knowing this.
Maybe it works more like a bonus pack, that gives you thoese extra and better cards. We’ll just have to wait and see about that. Here is the quoted info on the game, followed by a few pictures:
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Decade Duels
Complete with the most robust card offering and the opportunity to purchase additional card packs through XBOX Live Arcade Marketplace to expand your deck
Includes cards from Classic Yu-Gi-Oh!, GX and 5D’s
Complete against the most popular Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s characters during the finals
Battle through Single player or compete in 4 player tag duels with text and voice chat ability
Includes 3 modes of play:
Rank Match- Compete against Yu-Gi-Oh! fans of the same rank and ability
Quick Match- Jump right into the action and compete against any Yu-Gi-Oh! fan
Custom Match- Battle your friends and completely customize the rules of play
Complete with live leader boards to track your rank as well as your friends
@Start And Select
X-Com is a good old strategy game that was released back in 1994, it’s one of thoese games that strategy fans loved. It was a good mix between building bases, air battles, researching and devoloping and ofcourse turn-based battles around the globe. Now 2K Games are working on a reamake of this good old classic, but instead of the turn based battles, the game will take place in a FPS mode and you as a player will play as ONE FBI agent. It also sounds like there will be strategy invovled, how this will work we dont know yet. The game will be released fox Xbox 360 and PC.
This is what we can find on the website: http://www.xcom.com
XCOM is the re-imagining of the classic tale of humanity’s struggle against an unknown enemy that puts players directly into the shoes of an FBI agent tasked with identifying and eliminating the growing threat. True to the roots of the franchise, players will be placed in charge of overcoming high-stake odds through risky strategic gambits coupled with heart-stopping combat experiences that pit human ingenuity – and frailty – against a foe beyond comprehension. By setting the game in a first-person perspective, players will be able to feel the tension and fear that comes with combating a faceless enemy that is violently probing and plotting its way into our world.
We can also find a single screen from the new game in OXM, its also posted here if you want the see the magazine covers and such go here: http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/xbox-360/news/new-xcom-revealed-by-oxm-first-screen-inside/a-2010041317556922006/g-20060321132945404017
I know what you’re thinking. FPS? Play a single character and go around shooting your enemies? It is a step in a weird direction. We’ve already seen games that copies X-Com; the UFO series. The UFO series were fun and interesting if you liked the old classic, the old classic always won if discussed though. What I dont understand is how they will tie it together with calling it X-Com (acctualy Xcom)? What parts will be remebered from the old classic? The look of the aliens? It’s hard to imagine this childhood classic of mine taking such a turn, but I will follow it and if it ends up looking good, hell I might even get it. But, I will still stick to the old classic for now.
@Start And Select
If you don’t understand it by now, I love this game. BlazBlue is what I always wanted in a fighting game. It got a great and vast story, good character design (visually and unique when it comes to abilities and basic attack), 2D and well pretty much everything.
I was one to miss out on what guilty gear was, mostly cause I was never really in to Beat Em’ Up games back in the day and once I tried it, BlazBlue was also there and caught my eye and attention a lot more. My love for BlazBlue started when me and a couple of friends had an all out gaming night, of course a lot of Vs. was being played and this was one of them. I’ve never been great at these kinds of games but seeing the colorful design work and the fact that it’s 2D really dragged me in. At the time the game hadn’t been released in Europe yet and as soon as I found it was coming, I pre-ordered.
Okay enough of my short but very (not so) interesting story, and let’s get to the game itself.
What really drags me in to the BlazBlue universe is how they created a great story and a story mode to play it out. Every character got a storyline that adds up to a great big picture that will be revealed piece by piece. You can even decide to go different paths throughout the story and it will change the outcome of it, and every character got one “real” ending that you’re supposed to find. Finding every possible path and dialog in the story will also reward you in the end.
It doesn’t end there though, every character have about 110 different dialog pieces each, that is used within battles, this is huge, and it changes depending on who they fight, so it’s always interesting to see what they will say, and it’s most often connected to the story and the characters relation within it.
For people that enjoy the more classis type of game play (arcade) where you battle your way through different opponents, that’s always available, and even here you will be given short story related talks between characters. They are not as detailed and deep, but it will give you a basic understanding of the story (if you play it through with all characters).
Why I decided to talk so much about the story and depth around it, is because it is something that is lacking in so many other games like it. When I play this game I don’t understand why other game creators don’t work as much on the story and character design around it, it’s something that should be done more often, cause it’s not only more of the game, but it’s also very rewarding for players that sit down with a beat em up just to play it for fun. I can honestly say I’ve never spent as much time in front of a fighting game that I have with BlazBlue.
When it comes to the fighting, I’m honestly going to admit that I’m not the best fitting person to review it. I’m not very skilled (working on it though), and I can only tell you how it is from a more casual view, which isn’t bad in itself I guess.
The characters all have different play styles, and as a new player you will quickly realize which of them needs a bit more combo work and which of them which simply needs button mashing (Noel being a great example). Even the characters that are considered beginner heroes have a lot of combos and abilities that can be worked with for more experienced players.
It’s a real joy to learn about each character in the game and trying to master them is not only rewarding but fun! For more on the battle system, I’m going to give IGN some credit for a quick and easy review on it:
The network mode that’s put into this game is great. The ranked matchmaking sadly won’t match you against players your own level (not what I’ve noticed anyway), but you can easily host game rooms where up to six people can join in the fun. The room can have several different settings such as number or rounds, round time, rotation set up etc. The way it works is that two players fight each other while the whole room can still chat with each other discussing the action. After the current battle new players will be picked to battle depending on the room set up.
You as a player can also level up, by winning games and completing different requirements like not being damaged and such.
+ Great Story
+ Character Design
+ Much to find and unlock
– Few playable characters
@Start And Select
So who exactly noticed that this game was out for the PSP? When and how did this happen, and why wasn’t I informed? No I’m not mad, at least not about finding out. What makes me angry at the moment is that another great game has been released for the PSP, the first one was Star Ocean: The Second Story, both of which I love.
Shadow Of Destiny was released on PS2 back in the day, it never really got the love it deserved then, and I doubt it will as a handheld version either. I feel like I should spread the word and hopefully some people will see this and find the game as fun/interesting and wonderful as I once did. The game has a great storyline, and several different endings, you will need at least two of them to understand the whole plot, depending on what ending you get of course.
Instead of me explaining the more obvious parts of the game, look at this trailer and enjoy the …. trailer?
@Start And Select
Konami is currently working on a very interesting title called Photo Showdown. At a first look your head will be skipping a step and just think: Another Pokemon game. The point of the game is to collect monsters, fight with them in tournaments, and trade and fight with them against your friends. Overall a pretty standard layout for the gameplay, as it seems at this very moment it will loose alot of interest becuase of a lacking RPG feel. Ofcourse this is only what I can say from the first few trailers that out on the internet at the moment, so this may be different or change.
What makes the game standout then? As you may have noticed, the word Photo starts the name of the game, and with good reason. To capture monsters you run around in tall grass for random encounters, instead you use the DSi camera to take photos, dependingon the photo it will generate a monster for you. How many monsters and how exactly the photos colors and such will matter, we dont know.
Well here is a few videos to show you what the game is about, and it will be interesting to see how this game turns out. ^^
@Start And Select
Sorry to all readers and visitors. Nurgle (me) is back and ready to blog about all the important gaming world again. ^^
So what will be upp soon enough?
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Review
Metro 2033 Review (way overdue I know)
News, reviews and thoughts in general about the world of gaming. 😉
@Start And Select
So no, you dont need to buy Warhammer Online game in store anymore. You can simply download the client, this will give you a endless trial of the game (lvl cap is set at 10 though). So if you ever wanted to try the game out, you should do so know, it’s just a simple download away. If you then feel that you enjoy the game so much that you want to continue playing, it’s only an upgrade away. It’s like most other games though and its a monthly payment.
More Info and download here: http://www.warhammeronline.com/trial/
@Start And Select
Hello everyone, a game that I’ve been playing allot lately have finally gotten itself an update. And there’s a big difference from before! The menu has changed, the lobby has changed, heroes have changed, abilities have changed, Kongor is 40% angrier! Yes, it says so clearly in the update. With this they’ve also fixed a few bugs. Be aware though, after the update if your game crashes? You may just have an install file that’s a bit old, download the game again and re-install and you should have no problem.
Instead of me rambling on about the changes, here is the update list for all of you to enjoy.
It’s finally time!
Patch Notes (with pretty pictures) are below.
– Fixed the US Regions for Matchmaking
– Disabled custom avatars…
– Fix joining game on the game list
– Fix game lobby enter key not working sometimes
– Solo Automatic Matchmaking
* With one button you can enter the queue for as many different regions as you want and play with random other people automatically. This does not use PSR, it uses SMR (Solo Matchmaking Rating) and everyone starts at 1500. Mode is Banning Pick.
* Players tagged as “leavers” can not join Matchmaking
* Players who leave a game before it starts (during the ‘loading’ phase of a game) will automatically be replaced by someone else.
* If you leave a Matchmaking game at the hero selection screen, you will get a leave
* New ingame interactive Tutorial to help new players learn the basics of the game before diving in. Even experienced players might learn something!
– You can now swap the placement of the minimap from the bottom left to bottom right hand corner
– Leaver threshold lowered to 5%
– Fix for StatusStealth
* This fixed an issue that was causing Witch Slayer and Pollywog Priest’s crowd control abilities to dispel all states off the target
– Updated br stringtables, thanks to Trilles
– Recommended Items Updated
– Item cursor now changes to a targeting cursor when hovering over an allied unit
– Stacked items (runes of blight, mana potions, health potions) will now sell for their full total value within 15 seconds of purchasing them. (e.g. if you buy two health potions for 200g then sell them within 15sec, you will now correctly gain 200g)
– Logger’s Hatchet can now be sold within 15 seconds of buying it (but not if you used it)
– Added “Host:” and “Version:” to the /gameinfo and /gi commands in game, also added the server version for display in the game lobby screen
– Fixed when heroes were ‘running in place’ after using a Homecoming Stone
– Added messages to the game lobby for the following actions:
1) When the host assigns someone as the new host
2) When the host assigns someone as a spectator
3) When the host assigns someone as a referee
4) When the host locks or unlocks a slot
– Removed ‘remove hero’ button in practice mode for now
– Tweaked the position of ancients
– Invisible Mode added
– Fixed a bug in the game setup interface where referee count was incorrectly being set to the count of spectators chosen
– Fixed a bug in the game lobby where the current player count exceeded the max player count in games with spectators(2) and referees(1). e.g. “Players: 13/10”. Now shows the correct max player count to match the main lobby game browser numbers. e.g. “Players: 13/13”
– Added flood protection to the chat server to protect against invite to clan spam and create clan attempts
– Fixed an issue causing the change password functionality in game to not work correctly.
– Fixed an issue on the chat server where in certain cases players were not properly being promoted/demoted
– Optimized client code so game server refreshes should no longer hang the client or user interface.
– Chat channels can now be saved via the interface and will be automatically joined when logging in.
– Added new “Ping” filter next to the “Full Games” checkbox. It filters the results on the client so only pings less the chosen number populate the game list
– Added a new filter option to the server browser “Game Mode:” section called “Advanced”. It allows players to filter multiple game modes (ie. SD, BD, BP) all at once locally in the client. Upon selecting ‘Advanced’ a small panel pops up and the player can choose the game modes they want to see in the game list just by selecting the appropriate checkbox then clicking OK
– Default SFX volume down to 0.6 from 0.7
– Fixed an issue with the chat server where if a user sent a message using /b or /m and someone on one of those lists was in /dnd mode, it wouldn’t send the message to all the people on the list.
– Overhauled how adding buddies/friends works. You now must request friendship before someone is actually added as your friend.
* You can request friends when offline and they will get the notifications upon logging in, and approve at their convenience
* We might have to wipe current friends lists at some point in the future for this to work correctly.
– Added new search support for filtering games by name:
* Added feature to allow players to type in multiple search phrases. By typing a search phrase and adding a ?|? the client will distinguish one phrase from another. The browser will then search the available games and show any games showing any one of the phrases separated by a “|”.
* Added feature to allow players to exclude certain games based on the search phrase. By typing in a “-” at the beginning of the search phrase the client will automatically filter any games with “Phrase” to not show up. Note that exclusion of search terms takes precedence over inclusion. (Excluding a term, and then trying to include the same term will cause it not to appear, ie ?noobs|-noobs?)
* The “|” and “-” can be escaped with a “\” should the player want to search on a game with the pipe or hyphen in it.
* All searches are color and case insensitive, and the order that the search phrases are entered have no effect on how they will display. So “1500|-no ab” is the same as “-no ab|1500”.
*Search Phrase: “1550|1600|1650|-no ab|-noobs” – This searches on any game with “1550”, “1600”, and “1650” in the name, and if it has the words “no ab” or “noobs” in it it will not display.
*Search Phrase: “-no ab|1500|1550|-countryname|ab” – This searches on any game with “1500”, “1550” and “ab” in the name, and if it has the words “no ab” or “countryname” in it it will not display.
*Search Phrase: “1500|\-SDEM|pipe\|test” – This searches on any game with “1500”, “-sdem” and “pipe|test” in the name.
– If you attack him from outside of his lair you will have 100% miss now
– After leaving his lair, 1.5 seconds later he retreats to go back in and is invuln on the run back
– Is now 40% angrier
– Cooldown of the frost shield increased by 4 seconds (to 5s)
– Fixed a bug that caused it to absorb huge damage when damage taken was all at once
– Incoming damage multiplier reduced to 20%, from 30%
– Increases manacost per attack to 75 from 50
– Recipe cost reduced to 825 from 1325
– Mana regen increased to 200% from 150%
– Now grants +10 damage
Runes of the Blight
– Heal over time is no longer dispellable
Wards of Sight
– Now have a 50 gold bounty when killed
The following auras can now be toggled between all units and heroes only:
– Andromeda’s Dimensional Link
– Arachna’s Precision
– Moon Queen’s Lunar Glow
– Fixed Flame Consumption to go off anytime he is below 400 health and takes non-fatal damage
– Fixed Flame Consumption to properly dispel himself when it automatically goes off
– Fixed Sear so it continues to apply the slow and the buff while his ultimate is active
– Rescaled ult range to 750/975/1200 from 600/900/1200
– Added cast effect for throwing snot
* This is a visual effects change
– Charges gained from Restless are not longer capped at 4
– Lowered base armor by 1
– Base Damage lowered to 54-60 from 58-64
– Flaming Hammer’s projectile speed lowered to 800 from 1100
– Flaming Hammer’s negative magic armor starts at -1/-2/-3/-4 for the first 1 second, then reduces to 0 over its duration.
– Base Manacost of Flaming Hammer increased to 95/110/125/140 from 95/105/115/125
– Blood Sense now reveals stealth targets
– Manacost on Time Leap increased to 135 from 120
– Time Leap damage lowered by 25 at all levels
– Curse of Ages now steals 1/1/2/3 agility per charge, decreased from 1/2/3/4
– Curse of Ages now stuns the target after 5 attacks, increased from 4
– Targets stunned by Curse of Ages will now properly play their attack animation when the stun wears off
– Stun from Curse of Ages now scales as a .25,.5,.75,1 second stun from 1 second at all levels
– Chronofield won’t freeze invulnerable targets anymore (Such as Swiftblade ulting or Defiler’s ult)
– Chronofield now freezes everyone by default, with Staff of the Master lets allies move at -80% speed in the field
– Top end base damage lowered by 5
– Turn rate increased to 900 from 360
– Dark Blades don’t interrupt movement, cast time removed
– Proper announcement at hero selection
– Base strength lowered to 23 (from 25)
– Strength Gain lowered to 2.7 from 3.0
– Agility Gain increased to 2.0 from 1.6
– Base Armor increased to 2.24 from 1.24
– Slow from throwing the log increased to 75% max from 60% max
– Oakbolt’s slow now lasts for 1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds, from 3 seconds at all levels.
– Projectile speed when throwing a log increased to 1200 from 1000
* Cooldown rescaled to 85,75,65
* Cast point lowered to 500ms from 750ms
* Damage rescaled to 350, 650, 950 from 400,600,800
* Debuff is now a constant 20% strength reduction at all levels from 20,30,40%
* No longer splashes the debuff in a cone, only the single target
* Stun duration increased to 1.5s from 1s
– Base Intelligence lowered to 24 from 27
– Strength Gain lowered to 1.8 from 1.9
– Intelligence Gain lowered to 3.0 from 3.4
– Damage rescaled to 44-56 from 41-59
– The snare from Entangle will now give assists
– No longer gains strength from illusions
– Touch radius of Hook changed from 60 to 75 and will consistently hit targets with a 75 radius regardless of what angle it is being thrown
– Damage of Clensing Shock against summoned units increased to 600,800,1000 from 600 at all levels
– Fixed a Turret bug that a bullet from the Turret doing 200+ damage
– Fixed a bug causing the splash damage when a siege unit debuffed by Tinker to not deal AOE damage
– Energy Field will only not purge a target if they are under the effects of Shrunken Head
* This means the shield will purge off Jeraziah’s Charm, for example.
– Skeletons now display a timer on the third ability indicating the time remaining for the next skeleton to expire (Thanks to Tisser)
– Base Agility increased to 17 from 16
– Damage rescaled to 43-51 from 38-44
– Base Armor increased to 1.44 from 1.24
– Summon Malphas now has new ground effects
– Negative Magic Armor is now -3,-4,-5,-6 from -2.7,-5.1,-6.9,-8.3
– Fixed tooltips (a few errors)
– Range of Inner Light increased to 500 from 400
Keeper of the Forest
– Eyes are now stealthed and become revealed when a hero comes into the 450 reveal range (from 300)
* This stops couriers from killing eyes unless a hero is nearby to spot them
– Root can now be seen even when he is invisible
– Root now hits units in fog
– Base Int increased to 17 from 14
– Terrify removed
– Terrifying Charge Added
* The Legionnaire charges very quickly at a target foe and swings wide with his mighty axe upon reaching them, dealing damage and Terrifying those unfortunate enough to be standing there. Terrified enemies attack very quickly, but do less damage per attack.
* 1000 Range, 40/50/60/70 Manacost, 30s Cooldown
* Charges at max movespeed towards the target. Being stunned, losing sight of the target, or issuing another command will cancel the charge early. Upon reaching the target, forces an attack that deals 150/200/250/300% of your base damage and applies Terrify for 4/5/6/7 seconds to all enemies in a 110 degree 240 distance cone.
* If the target gets more then 2000 units away (Such as from using teleport) the charge will cancel
* Terrify debuff: -50% Attack Damage, +50% Attack Speed
– Snare debuff stuff removed from Stalk
– Manacost of Berserk changed to 50,80,110 from 100,150,205
– Model cleaned up
– Stats tweaks:
* Base Strength increased to 24 from 22
* Strength gain increased to 2.6 from 2.4
* Agility gain lowered to 2.0 from 2.4
* Base Intelligence lowered to 17 from 18
– Speed of Sword Throw projectile increased to 850 from 700
– Radius of Sword Throw lowered to 200 from 225
– Manacost on Sword of the Damned’s heal mode removed
– Self hurt from Sword of the Damned’s flame mode changed to 6,9,12,15 from 5,10,15,20
– Range while under the effects of Possession reduced to 550 from 600
– Base movement speed increased to 305 from 300
– Smoke Bomb cast range increased to 425 from 350
– Smoke Bomb cast point reduced to 200 from 400
– Pounce cooldown rescaled to 20,15,10,5 from 30,20,10,5
– Fixed targeting circle radius
– Base Agility lowered to 18 from 22
– Base Armor lowered to 2.00 from 2.08
– Stun from Nymphora’s Zeal is now 1200 range at all ranks (from bad)
* Charges Nymphora gains rescaled slightly so the bonuses are zero at level 1 and the same at level 4
– New effects for first ability
– Command now allows Ophelia to control 1/2/2/3 creeps at once, from 1/2/3/3
– Level 4 of Command no longer grants Magic armor to Ophelia’s creeps
– New death
– Anyone within 175 units of Pharaoh will be gauranteed to be caught inside of his mummy wall on use
– Agility Gain lowered to 1.8 from 2.0
– Damage rescaled to 42-51 from 37-56
– Remodeled and effects redone
– Range increased to 550 from 500
– Base Armor increased from 1.14 to 1.30
– Number of targets hit by Electric Jolt is no longer capped
– Cooldown of Voodoo Wards is now 110/95/80 from 110 at all levels
– Puppeteer’s Hold duration lowered by .5 seconds at all levels
– Fixed Fervor doing 1 DPS too much to buildings
– Fervor set not to propagate to illusions
– Wards bounty to 10-15 from 3-9
– Base Agility increased to 16 from 15
– Dread can no longer be toggled. This fixes the keybinding issues.
– Manacost of Succubus’ Hold is now 150/250/350 from 200/300/400
– Cast times of all abilities lowered to 300ms from 400ms
– Damage from Chain Lightning is now instant on the first target
– AOE of Lightning Rod increased to 1000 from 800
– Increase turn speed to 900 (from 360)
– After hitting a target with Javelin of Light, an 800 area around the target will continue to be revealed for 3.34 seconds
– Reworked collision on the Javelin of Light. It now has a radius of 80 (reduced from 110) and will consistently hit targets with an 80 radius regardless of what angle it is being thrown
* Previously, it was using a rectangle 110 units wide to calculate collision, so when thrown on an angle it would often hit targets greater than 110 units away
– Javelin of Light is no longer “Physical”
* This means it will hit someone who has void talisman active
– Javelin of Light plays a popup indicating the length of the stun
– Removed cast noise on casting Javelin of Light
– Removed glow from Javelin of Light
– Base Armor increased from 1.30 to 1.50
– Damage rescaled to 45-55 from 39-61
– Base Agility increased to 14 from 13
– Base Intelligence increased to 22 from 19
– Intelligence Gain increased to 3.0 from 2.9
– Initial projectile speed of Acid Cocktail increased to 750 from 650
– Cast time on Cursed Ground reduced to 0.35 seconds (from 0.5)
– Manacost of Battle Cry reduced to 15,10,5,0 from 15,20,25,30
– Base Agility increased to 16 from 15
– Base Intelligence increased to 23 from 22
– The gust of wind from Gust now travels 540 total distance (reduced from 640)
– Cyclones now display the time remaining before the next cyclone expires (thanks to Tisser)
– Typhoon damage lowered to 60,80,100 from 60,90,120
– Typhoon no longer spawns max Cyclones instantly. Instead, it spawns one cyclone per second for the duration of the Typhoon.
@Start And Select